Re: BUG gcc-mingw 20040810-1 library search path

Reini Urban wrote:
Igor Pechtchanski schrieb:
FWIW, I don't know what (if anything) has changed...  I've used "gcc
-mno-cygwin" recently with no problems.  What exactly needs to be done to
reproduce the problem?
Igor

for me this fails: install efsprogs and compile a mingw project which uses -luuid

this installs /usr/lib/libuuid.a, which has nothing to do with
/usr/lib/w32api/libuuid.a and the library search path favours the
efsprogs lib of course. no mount problem.

Now we get the the bottom of the problem!

It's nothing to do with the gcc-mingw package at all. Instead, it is an
e2fsprogs packaging problem.

Someone want to re-report in a new thread, with an appropriate subject?
e.g. "e2fsprogs installs libuuid.a, hides w32api/libuuid.a"

Max.