Re: BUG gcc-mingw 20040810-1 library search path

Igor Pechtchanski schrieb:
FWIW, I don't know what (if anything) has changed...  I've used "gcc
-mno-cygwin" recently with no problems.  What exactly needs to be done to
reproduce the problem?
	Igor

for me this fails: install efsprogs and compile a mingw project which uses -luuid

this installs /usr/lib/libuuid.a, which has nothing to do with /usr/lib/w32api/libuuid.a and the library search path favours the efsprogs lib of course. no mount problem.
after deinstalling efsprogs or just moving away the lib it works fine of course.

Example: xvid cvs snapshots for the dshow build in my nightly builds
  http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/software/xvid/

dshow-make.patch shows the linker line for a typical mingw target
(here with direct show also):
$(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -mno-cygwin -shared \

-Wl,-dll,--out-implib,$@.a,--enable-stdcall-fixup,--allow-multiple-definition \
-o $@ \
$(OBJECTS) xvid.ax.def \
-L$(DXTREE)/Lib -lstrmiids \
$(DXBASECLASSES)/strmbase.lib \
-luuid -lwinmm -lole32 -loleaut32 -lcomctl32 -lstdc++

--
Everyone ought to worship God according to his own inclinations, and not to be constrained by force. (Flavius Josephus, Life)