STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATON for opengl.

Of course, my previous message should have said that I
get a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when I try to run the
executable....it compiles just fine.
...it was late!

Actually, this doesn't just happen for opengl
programs, I also see it when trying to run
"hellogui.c" from chapter 4 of the cygwin users guide.
I cut 'n pasted the code and compiled using :-

gcc -mwindows hellogui.c -o hellogui.exe

Am I missing something?
Would love to get this working!

Thanks,
Mark.