Re: configure-script failure

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Jani tiainen wrote:

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:21:46AM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, bertrand marquis wrote:
> >
> > > Le lun 30/08/2004 ?  07:50, Jani tiainen a ?crit :

> > > Hello i run through the same problem from times to times running
> > > configure scripts and i didn't find any other solution than running the
> > > configure again.  This is quite borring and i was not able to find any
> > > solution.
> > >
> > > I would also be interested in a solution or an explanation if someone
> > > has one.
> >
> > The usual advice for any configure problem is to look at the config.log
> > file from the failed run of configure (beware, the file is overwritten
> > every time configure is run).  FWIW, you and Jani may have different
> > problems altogether.
>
> However, regardless of whether they are similar or not, we'd actually
> need *details* for figuring out problems like this, i.e.,
>
> http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>
> Otherwise, these messages boil down to:
>
> "I noticed that sometimes my car won't start but then I wait a little
> while and it does!"
>
> "I have the same problem!  Can someone help?"

Help, it appeared again... =)

Well here is more info:

No config.log appears to be generated (or there is previous log, not even
erased), error produced is:

$ ./configure --disable-gtk-doc --prefix=/target --disable-static
configure: error: invalid feature name: static

Error seems to change according to last parameter, but not always. Sometimes I
get error regarding "gtk-doc".

It does appear often, but "randomly". I haven't noticed difference
between several configure scripts run. Observation shows that it might
something to do that configure script is fetched from HD instead of
memory cache..

"configure -v"? "bash -x configure"? Come on, man, do some *debugging*! Igor -- http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/ |\ _,,,---,,_ pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ igor@watson.ibm.com |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D. '---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw