RE: configure-script failure

Christopher wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:21:46AM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, bertrand marquis wrote:
> >>Le lun 30/08/2004 ?  07:50, Jani tiainen a ?crit :

> similiar).

> >>Hello i run through the same problem from times to times running
> >>configure scripts and i didn't find any other solution than
> running the
> >>configure again.  This is quite borring and i was not able
> to find any
> >>solution.
> >>
> >>I would also be interested in a solution or an explanation
> if someone
> >>has one.
> >
> >The usual advice for any configure problem is to look at the
> config.log
> >file from the failed run of configure (beware, the file is
> overwritten
> >every time configure is run).  FWIW, you and Jani may have different
> >problems altogether.
>
> However, regardless of whether they are similar or not, we'd actually
> need *details* for figuring out problems like this, i.e.,
>
> http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>
> Otherwise, these messages boil down to:
>
> "I noticed that sometimes my car won't start but then I wait a little
> while and it does!"
>
> "I have the same problem!  Can someone help?"

I believe this is yet another instance of the problem that I have
described here:

Seems like more than a few people are hitting this sore spot.

Further investigation of my original case indeed shows that consecutive
runs of configure need not result in the same output. The spaces I
threw into the mix are probably of no consequence.

When I try to slim down the configure script to produce a more
manageable test case, the bug apparently gets harder to trigger the
more I trim from the configure script.

Looks like a race to me.

Cheers,
Peter