Re: cygwin1.dll problem with Hyperthreaded machines.

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:37:40AM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Robb, Sam wrote:
>>>We are in the standard holding pattern where people occasionally poke
>>>their heads up to say "Hey, I just noticed this" and offer their shoe
>>>size, their sign, and their dog's middle name as helpful data points
>>>for tracking the problem down.
>>
>>9 1/2, Capricorn, Digit.
>>
>>Oh, wait - I've got two dogs.  So I guess I'm really running a
>>multi-canine system as opposed to a hyper-canine system.  Though my one
>>mini-dauchshund is definitely "hyper", so my problems probably stem
>>from attempting to run mismatched CPUs (Canine Puppy Units).  That
>>might explain why Digit periodically gets into an endless loop of
>>groundhog-worrying while Penny seems to spend so much time in sleep
>>mode...
>>
>>Ah, well - hope my shoe size and sign will help, anyways :-)
>
>Lemme get this straight: "Digit" is his *middle* name?  :-)

Two LOLs in a row.

I think we're well on the way to nailing down this problem!

Sam, I would try controlled doses of tranquilizers for your more
agitated canine until you get both canines in sync.  We had to
do this for our canine unit whose salivary output and repiratory
rate rose dramatically upon the attendant auditory effects of
dramatic atomspheric static discharges.  I think it is very possible
that your system is unbalanced.  I know that my dog was pretty
unbalanced around those auditory effects.

cgf