Re: configure-script failure

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, bertrand marquis wrote:

> Le lun 30/08/2004 à 07:50, Jani tiainen a écrit :
> > Why sometimes running ./configure doesn't work?
> >
> > Usually it reports that some feature is missing, but running second time
> > with same parameters doesn't produce error..
> >
> > like:
> >
> > configure --prefix=/target --disable-static
> >
> > in first run I usually get "no such feature 'static'" (or similiar). On
> > second run with exactly same parameters it works.
> >
> > Any explanations for a such behavior?
>
> Hello i run through the same problem from times to times running
> configure scripts and i didn't find any other solution than running the
> configure again. This is quite borring and i  was not able to find any
> solution.
>
> I would also be interested in a solution or an explanation if someone
> has one.

The usual advice for any configure problem is to look at the config.log
file from the failed run of configure (beware, the file is overwritten
every time configure is run).  FWIW, you and Jani may have different
problems altogether.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw