Interpret dos bat file in bash script

Newbie in window$ ...

I search in doc, web and never find something that can interpret dos command like .bat or .cmd files in the cygwin env
The .bat files I'd like to execute, set env variables required for a compilation process
Is this definitly impossible ?
I Only saw it wasn't possible, but do someone did a convertion at running time ?

1000 thanks for any help

the views of Reuters Ltd.