Re: cygrunsrv xinetd problem

> Which is the actual message from xinetd, and is *very* helpful.  This
> basically says that the service manager couldn't execute the xinetd
> program when running as SYSTEM.  Check the permissions on both
> /usr/sbin/xinetd and /bin/cygwin1.dll (and whatever other DLLs the xinetd
> program depends on -- see the output of "cygcheck /usr/sbin/xinetd.exe").
> Make sure all of them are executable by SYSTEM.

Well, still doesn't work. That's what I did:
First, I checked normal windows permissions - SYSTEM has all rights
to c:\cygwin dir and subdirs, inherited from permissions to whole drive.
Next, I checked 'linux' permissions displayed by 'ls -al', and changed
them to 755, since user 'Marcin' owns both files. However, I still get
the same message when I try to run the service.

The printout from cygcheck /usr/sbin/xinetd.exe shows only these two
files listed + some files in System32 dir.

Marcin Lewandowski
http://www.ii.uj.edu.pl/~lewandow