RE: "cygrunsrv -Q portmap" says: Service portmap exists ... Typ e: Kernel Driver

Indeed I have portmap.sys file

C:\Microsoft Services for UNIX\nfs>dir  portmap.sys
 Volume in drive C is System
 Volume Serial Number is 88BD-DAD2

 Directory of C:\Microsoft Services for UNIX\nfs

11/08/2003  02:42 PM            35,072 portmap.sys
               1 File(s)         35,072 bytes
               0 Dir(s)   2,908,000,256 bytes free

I also have PORTMAP.EXE-1179541D.pf in Z:\Windows\Prefetch

>In any case, the Windows Serivces will bind the nfs ports

How this could be veified ?

>and prevent the Cygwin nfsd from working.

I think there should be a solution, short of deinstalling "Windows Services
for Unix' ?

Thanks,
Alex