Re: UW-IMAPD woes and LOTS of related questions about xinetd

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
[snip]
Did you add imapd to /etc/services?

Well, I never even knew about this file before, but there's a line saying:

imap 143/tcp imap4 #Internet Message Access Protocol

Isn't there a UW-IMAP mailing list?  The above question doesn't seem to
have anything to do with Cygwin.

Yeah, but I thought I'd try here first since Cygwin seemed (at least to me) to be the much more likely culprit.

(What I'm ultimately trying to do is have all my downloaded (via POP)
mail stored on my computer and accessible via IMAP, so that I can access
it using a variety of mail clients - GUI (Thunderbird), CLI (mutt), and
HTTP (don't know what to try).)

That's the usual reason for using an IMAP server.  This doesn't make the
above question any more Cygwin-related.

Nope, but when I ask folks for help on something, they often want to know what my overall goal is, so that they might help me out better.

HTH,
    Igor
P.S. It's usually a bad idea to have spaces in your Cygwin username.

Yeah, I learned that over time the hard way. I have to redefine HOME to a space-less symbolic link pointing to my true HOME.