RE: Strange problem with MC (Attn: MC maintainer)

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, landocalrissian wrote:

> Hello from Gregg C Levine
> I did what you suggested Igor. Now I'm getting:
> bash: command substitution: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for
> matching `"
> '
> bash: command substitution: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
>
> It also says that:
> /tmp/mc-Gregg: Can't open /tmp/mc-Gregg: No such file or directory
>
> That from trying to browse a BZIP2 compressed tar file. This is also part of
> my original complain.
> Did I cause that, by changing something? What can I do to prevent it?

Are you sure you copied the change I suggested verbatim?  Looks like you
reversed the '"' and the '`' in your copy...  Make sure line 5 reads

 	MC_PWD="`cat "$MC_PWD_FILE"`"

(e.g., by cutting and pasting) and you should be ok.
	Igor
P.S. Oh, and <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>, even if it's the
list address.  Thanks.

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw