Solved: run XWin problems and other missing X related dlls like cygXt-6.dll

I used the enhanced mkcygwget tool to create a full local mirror of
cygwin. This is the only reliable way that I have found to retrieve all
the packages to install X. I typically perform a full install with no
problems. This time I experienced missing X related DLLs depending on
the X application I tried to execute. While googling, I found this
message, http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-02/msg00086.html. I
performed the "cygcheck -cv XFree86-bin" test as instructed. The
cygcheck utility reported all was well with the package. I also tried the instructions here http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-02/msg00085.html. I
tried several clean installs with the same result. I always perform a
full install. The problem was that the ZZZRemovedPackages Category of packages was installed along with the xorg packages. So if you perform full installs you must not install ZZZRemovedPackages. The symptom of this problem can be found in http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com/msg12119.html. If
you find both of these sections in the "Cygwin Package Information" output
XFree86-base 4.3.0-11
XFree86-bin 4.3.0-21
XFree86-lib-compat 4.3.0-2
XFree86-prog 4.3.0-21
XFree86-xserv 4.3.0-68
xorg-x11-base 6.7.0.0-8
xorg-x11-bin 6.7.0.0-4
xorg-x11-bin-dlls 6.7.0.0-5
xorg-x11-bin-lndir 6.7.0.0-2
xorg-x11-devel 6.7.0.0-4
xorg-x11-etc 6.7.0.0-3
xorg-x11-f100 6.7.0.0-1
xorg-x11-fcyr 6.7.0.0-1
xorg-x11-fenc 6.7.0.0-2
xorg-x11-fnts 6.7.0.0-1
xorg-x11-fscl 6.7.0.0-3
xorg-x11-fsrv 6.7.0.0-1
xorg-x11-libs-data 6.7.0.0-3
xorg-x11-man-pages 6.7.0.0-2
xorg-x11-man-pages-html 6.7.0.0-2
xorg-x11-nest 6.7.0.0-2
xorg-x11-vfb 6.7.0.0-2
xorg-x11-xwin 6.7.0.0-11
then the XFree86 package will break the new xorg packages or visa versa.

Again click on the right side of +All until install is selected. All
the other categories will be set as install. Scroll down to +ZZZRemovedPackages and click on the right side of the +ZZZRemovedPackages category until default is selected.
Press the next button and continue as normal. This solved the problem
for me.

The xorg package appears to have fixed one of the long standing problems
I had with Cygwin X. If I XDM into a Solaris box; use X with the server
all day; logout, then the Solaris login prompt is not displayed again in the Cygwin X session. I see a colored blank screen depending on my Solaris desktop settings. I have to kill X and restart it again to see the login prompt. The xorg packages have solved this problem for me. I don't know if there is value in retaining the XFree packages in the ZZZRemovedPackages category.

Another URL that was consulted
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-02/msg00083.html.

Greg