cygrunsrv -S mountd fails: Error starting a service: QueryServic eStatus: Win32 error 1062 ?

Hi David,

I am also getting the same error as you (an I also I have XP Pro) - did you
get any explanation for it ?

apovolot@USPITLAD104868 /cygdrive/c/cygwin/etc
$ cygrunsrv -S portmap

my entry in /etc/export is set to:
~/fadsroot 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0(ro, no_root_squash)

but I do not have yet the board with IP address 192.168.0.0 configured and
network connected to the laptop - so could I start mountd daemon (service) ?
-
 when i do that I repeatedly get error ...

apovolot@USPITLAD104868 /cygdrive/c/cygwin/etc
$ cygrunsrv -S mountd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062
The service has not been started.

System Event Viewer shows:
Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Service Control Manager