Re: Newbie Needs some Help.

At 02:48 PM 8/25/2004, Howard Rifkind wrote:

Hi.

I have loaded down the setup.exe and ran it.

However, I can't figure out which packages I need to install and should
I load it down and install from the internet.  I'm only going to install
it on one machine.

I guess this would also apply to the KDE as I would like to install that
too but there are a ton of files and I don't know which to choose.

If you're just installing out of curiosity and have no idea what you want to do with cygwin, you could do a minimum or a maximum install and add/subtract packages as you go. Install from internet is the normal way to go. From a personal point of view, I haven't found enough KDE stuff ported to cygwin to bother with it, although I tend to favor KDE compatible browsers etc.

Tim Prince