Re: Problem with Classpath for java thru perl script

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Ramneek Singh wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I just installed cygwin on windows 2000.
> I need it to run a perl script which will execute a java command .
> Example: in the script it says thefollowing:
>
> java -classpath $CLASSPATH myprogram argument1 arg2
>

> The problem is that though echo $CLASSPATH shows the correct classpath
> to the jar
> Files , example C:\abc\def\myfile.jar  , when the perl script is run it
> complains:
>
> C:abcdefmyfile.jar not found
>
> Notice in above the \ was stripped.
> My java program is compiled with the C:\abc\def\myfiile.jar style of
> classpath.
>
> How can I get this to work ?

You didn't say exactly how you're invoking the java process, so depending
on what you do, there may be multiple solutions.  If you use system(),
either quote the '\'s by using more '\'s (see the perl manpage) or set
CLASSPATH in the environment, or use a suitably modified version of the
java wrapper script that I posted to this list earlier (see
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-01/msg00174.html>).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw