invalidfileaccess in --.outputpage-- using ghostscript 7.05-1 & -2

I'm using gnuplot to create charts which I'm previewing with gv.  This
morning, after updating my cygwin install, I noticed that gv no longer
worked.  It gave me the error that "Error: PostScript interpreter failed
in main window".

I therefore tried to directly invoke gs.  I get the error:
"Error: /invalidfileaccess in --.outputpage--"

After a while, I tried to uninstall 7.05-2, and go back to 7.05-1, which
didn't change the error.  I'm not certain of the packages that were
upgraded this morning; it hadn't been that long since I last updated
cygwin.

I then created a simple text file, and printed it to test the
interpreter.

When I run strace westest.ps > gs_dontwork
And then cat through it, I find:
28  296556 [main] gs 4012 fhandler_base::write: binary write
Unrecoverable error: invalidfileaccess   20  296576 [main] gs 4012
fhandler_base
::write: 38 = write (0x10099180, 38)

The last file that I see referenced in the trace is:
125  292897 [main] gs 4012 read_sd: file = C:\cygwin\Resource\IdiomSet:
len=23
6

So I'm not sure if that's the file it's trying to read.

Has anyone had any problems with gs, or have any ideas how to track down
the problem any further?

Thanks,
Wes