Re: Trouble with std::vector in g++

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 12:40:43PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:

> I would have said that the right solution is to 'new' that Element
> object, or to declare it globally.  The stack is not intended for
> storing megabytes of data, especially temporary data.

Well, yes.  Normally, I'd do that, but I'm hunting the source of some
subtle memory corruption which seems to crop up if a member gets added
to a class, but which (mostly) fixes itself if the member is made large
enough.  Hence, the large array.

In any case, this is getting significantly off-topic for the list.

--
Luke Stras <stras@utias.toronto.edu>
"The meek can have the Earth; the rest of us have other plans"