Re: gobject-2.0 NOT FOUND!!

Thank you Larry for your help!
I downloaded the package needed to get gobject-2.0, but now after typing 'pkg-config gtk+-2.0', I get a message saying that 'gnome-config' was not found. What do I have to do now?

Thanks in advance

Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com> wrote:

>At 08:02 PM 8/23/2004, you wrote:
>>OS MSW-XP
>>When I try to compile a simple GTK+ program, after intalling the gtk+ packages from 'cygwin' I get a message sying that 'gobject-2.0' was not found and to add to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH. I tried to do that but 'find.exe' cound not find a 'gobject-2.0.pc', in fact it does not exist!
>>Any body knows how to fix this problem?
>>TIA
>

>Well, first let's start with the response I gave to your previous post
>on this subject:
>
><http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-08/msg00853.html>
>
>Can you fill us in on why this doesn't answer your question?
>

>--
>Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
>RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
>838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9889 - FAX
>Holliston, MA 01746
>

>--

FYI
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~marshall/abbrev.html

E-Mail Policy
http://www.vif.com/users/escalante/Email_Policy.html

* You cannot exercise your power to a
  point of humiliation.
               - Jean Chretien

* The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power.
                 - Malcom X
You experience miracles everyday, the first one today happened when you first opened your eyes!
     --- Jorge Escalante

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.