Re: Crypting

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On Aug 24 09:11, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

Max Bowsher wrote:

You can't.

/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/crypt.README

Sorry, didn't think there was a readme for just little 'ole crypt. I should have looked.

Anyways, this is strange because I recall using crypt in this fashion
before - on Cygwin! Did this change?

The original code has brought into the Cygwin net distro at some point
in 2001. Except for the Makefile, nothing else has changed since then.

Sans crypt(1), how can one encrypt a file...?

E.g. `openssl enc -des -in filename -out filename.out

See `man openssl'

Corinna

Thanks. However how do I then decrypt the file? I don't see a decrypt command and am lost in the cryptological alphabet soup!

--
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?