Re: g++ Debugger for Win32?

Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> >In the mean-time, does anyone know if there are any special tricks to
getting
> >DDD to run?  It sounds like I need to run X (startxwin.bat) and then I
should
> >simply be able to run ddd against my executable.  Is that accurate?
>
> Yep.  If you have problems getting it started, you'll want to follow-up on
> the cygwin-xfree list.

Well...

The re-installation of the Cygwin tools (to make sure X11 was installed) seems
to have left me in a worse state that I was in.  I got a whole bunch of errors
regarding not being able to find a particular DLL during the installation, and
also a whole bunch of dialogs telling me that it couldn't install "<null>" or
something to that effect.

After the installation, I don't have ddd on my system at all (it was there
before), and if I attempt to run startxwin.bat, I get a dialog that says "I
can't find Xwin anywhere - I even searched the path".

This, after waiting an hour for the installation to complete.  Oye Ve.  Back to
the drawing board...

-- Dave