Re: setup: another repetitive streak / ATTN: esound uploader

fergus(a)bonhard.uklinux.net wrote:
Sorry, I seem to be the nagging pedant yet again pointing out a minor
inconsequential glitch in the current setup.ini.

Not at all, bug reports are valuable.

However many times the user
says Yes, the .src file for libesound0-0.2.35-1 is repeatedly offered.
Nothing wrong with that, the same happens for setup and gcc-testsuite. But,
the installation for libesound0 fails with that well kmown item Can't open
(null) for reading: No such file. Please could this be looked at?

Interestingly, I don't get an error, but I did observe weird behaviour.

The problem was caused by a broken upload of the new esound version. The subpackages were missing - in there place, there were foo-src.tar.bz2 files (which shouldn't have existed anyway, the subpackages are external-sourced to the main esound package), which contained the text of a 404 page.

I've transferred correct copies from cygwin-ports.sourceforge.net. Things should be back to normal once the setup.ini cronjob re-runs, and the mirrors re-sync.

ATTN: Whoever uploaded this: I think you may have a broken script (or a momentary lapse of concentration)

Max.