RE: sshD fails to start as a service

At 05:32 PM 8/21/2004, you wrote:

>255.
>> >
>> > I've encountered such problems when the binaries and
>> > libraries were not
>> > executable by SYSTEM. "chmod 755 /usr/sbin/* /usr/bin/*" fixed the
>> > problem.
>> >
>> > With kind regards,
>> > Baurjan.
>>
>> Cheers for the response, but having just attempted this, I still get the
>> same error..
>>
>> Any further ideas?
>> Anyone?
>>
>> It is rather annoying, especially as I can manually start sshd and it
>works
>> fine..
>>
>> Chris
>
>>You have user mounts instead of system ones.  Re-mount all your mounts as
>>system mounts, and it should work.  Below is probably the shortest way of
>>doing this:
>
>>eval "`mount -m | sed 's/ -u / -s /'`"
>
>>HTH,
>    >Igor
>
>Dear Guys!
>
>I have the same problem, I have XP Pro. The portmap starts fine, but the
>nfsd and the mountd give this error:
>
>cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
>The service has not been started.
>
>I run these commands but the problem still exists.
>chmod 755 /usr/sbin/* /usr/bin/*
>eval "`mount -m | sed 's/ -u / -s /'`"
>
>I don't know what happened with the XP or the Cygwin, I used the nfsd and
>mountd without problems earlier.

Well if you don't know what happened on your system, you can be guaranteed
no one here does either. ;-)

I suggest you start by reviewing:

This will familiarize you with the guidelines for reporting problems.
Also, since NFS is a different service than SSH, if you need more help
from the list on this subject, please start a new thread.

Holliston, MA 01746