Re: cygwin nfs-server hang on uClinux

Larry Hall wrote:

At 03:48 AM 8/20/2004, you wrote:

hi, greeting

First, sorry for my poor english. I recently run cygwin
nfs-server-2.2.47-2 on WINXP, all linux PC clients work nicely. But when
I mount cygwin exported files on my uClinux box(ARM7 processor), some
work and the others don't!(I tested nfs-server on many different PC runs
WINXP.) server works properly and
mount is ok on uClinux box, but when I execute programs or modify
mounted files, it hang up util I manually kill the rpciod, and then
operaton works. How
strange! This problem only happened on some PC(especially PCs using new
and high clock CPU, but I don't make sure.)

Can someone kind give me a hint about this strange problem? thanks!

<snip>

I'd suggest cleaning up the bad Ghost directory name at the end of your path.

C:\cygwin\bin
C:\cygwin\bin
C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin
C:\cygwin\bin
C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin
c:\WINDOWS\system32
c:\WINDOWS
c:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
"C
C:\cygwin\Program Files\Symantec\Norton Ghost 2003\"

<snip>

1100k 2004/03/19 C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
"cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2004/3/19 12:05
Cygwin DLL version info:
DLL version: 1.5.9

You may want to consider updating your Cygwin DLL to the latest one.

But I doubt either of the above are at least the full explanation for the
problems you're seeing. However, reading through '/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/nfs-server-2.2.47-2.README', I couldn't rule out:

- Daemons are single-threaded

   The mount and nfs daemons are single-threaded.  This means that
   multiple clients attempting to access NFS exports from a Cygwin
   host may run unto RPC timeout errors.

Could this be the source of your problem?

--
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office

I might find out source of the problem. It could be made by RTL8139 ethernet card. Because all PC getting errors use the RTL8139 card.

If I change the RTL8139 with different one, the same PC works. BTW, thanks a lot.

Jerry Deng			www.aday.com.tw
ADAY Inc.			TEL: 886-4-23262770
9F-3, No.247, Sec 1		FAX: 886-4-23264810
Taichung Port Rd.
Taichung City 403
Taiwan(R.O.C.)