Re: Compilation errors not shown properly in Cygwin

Rajagopalan, Karthik wrote:
Hi Cygwin_Techies,

I  have been trying to install working packages of Cygwin for our
current project but fails in every attempt with some issues. Currently I
find  the Cygwin doesn't report the compilation errors from  Microsoft
Visual Studio C Compiler. Let me explain the problem clearly. I am
trying to compile a C program through "Makefile" from Cygwin. This C
program has syntax errors which are supposed to be shown by Cygwin when
running  C compiler. It just indicates the following lines and stops :

make: *** [/cygdrive/h/test.obj] Error 1

If I run the C program without using "Makefile" from Cygwin, errors are
properly indicated. I feel the problem exists with "make.exe" of Cygwin
and their dependency executables.
Can anyone spot the problem happening here and highlght a solution for
this?

Regards,
Karthik

http://cygwin.com/problems.html