Re: cygwin nfs-server hang on uClinux

At 03:48 AM 8/20/2004, you wrote:
>hi, greeting
>
>First, sorry for my poor english. I recently run cygwin
>nfs-server-2.2.47-2 on WINXP, all linux PC clients work nicely. But when
>I mount cygwin exported files on my uClinux box(ARM7 processor), some
>work and the others don't!(I tested nfs-server on many different PC runs
>WINXP.) server works properly and
>mount is ok on uClinux box, but when I execute programs or modify
>mounted files, it hang up util I manually kill the rpciod, and then
>operaton works. How
>strange! This problem only happened on some PC(especially PCs using new
>and high clock CPU, but I don't make sure.)
>
>Can someone kind give me a hint about this strange problem? thanks!

<snip>

I'd suggest cleaning up the bad Ghost directory name at the end of
your path.

>C:\cygwin\bin
>C:\cygwin\bin
>C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin
>C:\cygwin\bin
>C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin
>c:\WINDOWS\system32
>c:\WINDOWS
>c:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
>"C
>C:\cygwin\Program Files\Symantec\Norton Ghost 2003\"

<snip>

>1100k 2004/03/19 C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
>"cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2004/3/19 12:05
>Cygwin DLL version info:
>DLL version: 1.5.9

You may want to consider updating your Cygwin DLL to the latest one.

But I doubt either of the above are at least the full explanation for the
problems you're seeing.  However, reading through
'/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/nfs-server-2.2.47-2.README', I couldn't rule out:

   - Daemons are single-threaded

    The mount and nfs daemons are single-threaded.  This means that
    multiple clients attempting to access NFS exports from a Cygwin
    host may run unto RPC timeout errors.

Could this be the source of your problem?

Holliston, MA 01746