Re: sshd automatically close connection after successful login

On Aug 19 22:07, Christopher Cobb wrote:
> Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha <at> cs.nyu.edu> writes:
> > Yes, but you have to reinstall the sshd service, not just restart sshd,
> > i.e.,
> >
> > cygrunsrv -E sshd; cygrunsrv -R sshd; ssh-host-config; cygrunsrv -S sshd

I just added resp. removed the -r from the appropriate registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sshd\Parameters
and restarted sshd.

> Yes, that's what I did before, and I did it again just to make sure, and I still
> get an immediate "Connection to xxx closed." after typing my password.
>
> That's the right -r isn't it?  Is there something else that needs to be done?

Yes, sure.  It's not helpful to see it failing and then do nothing else.
What does the logs show?  Did you try starting sshd in debug mode from
the command line (Dont' forget to change ownership of /etc/ssh* and
/var/empty)?  Talking about reading the mailing list:

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.