Running native windows mysql in cygwin shell

Hi,

I have installed mysql native windows version on Windows.
I have also compiled and installed mysql for cygwin . (I did this because I wanted install the mysql perl modules)
But, running the native version of mysqldump.exe in a cygwin shell seems to hang.
If I run the version compiled from sources, it seems to work.
The database server is the native windows version.
http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-4.1/mysql-4.1.3b-beta-win.zip

Is this expected behaviour?

--
Ken