Re: exim errors

At 09:52 PM 8/19/2004 -0500, Mike Skallas wrote:
>Pierre A. Humblet:
> >644 permissions are OK, but what are the owner and the group?
>
>I (the only user) am the owner and it has no group:
>
>$ ls -la exim*
>-rwxr--r--    1 mike     None        26475 Aug 19 01:51 exim.conf
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Also, how do I see a list of groups in cygwin? I know passwd shows users
>  and what groups they might be in, but is there a command to view
>created groups?

The groups are listed in the file /etc/groups, which you should have.

/etc/exim.conf should be owned by SYSTEM, with group Administrators
(which may also be known as "root")
So just type
chown 18:544 /etc/exim.conf
You must be in Administrators for this command to work.
You can then launch the exim daemon again.

Pierre