Re: installing packages using setup.exe from the command line (e.g., remotely)

Christopher Cobb wrote:
I've found snipets of information, such as this:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-03/msg00526.html

What I would like is an example of how to use setup.exe from the command line
(e.g., via ssh) to install a package remotely.

I've tried this:

setup -D -s ftp://mirrors.kernel.org -R $CYGWIN_HOME -q -n wget

which does not produce any errors, but it also doesn't seem to download or
install the package.

setup isn't really designed for use from the command line. It doesn't take package names as arguments, for example. You could, I suppose, munge /etc/setup/installed.db to fool setup into thinking that a really old (e.g. version 0) version of a package is installed, so that it would updated - it's a messy way to do it, but there is no better way.

Max.