Re: upgrading openssh 3.8.1p1-1 -> 3.9p1-1 breaks privilege separation

On Aug 18 10:30, Matt Swift wrote:

I've verified on two machines running XP Pro with up-to-date Cygwin
installations that upgrading from openssh 3.8.1p1-1 to openssh 3.9p1-1
breaks sshd when running with privilege separation (the default).
Clients (including "ssh localhost") can not log into the Cygwin sshd.
Either turning off privilege separation in /etc/sshd_config or
downgrading and rebooting resolves the problem.

As a temporary measure, please add the -r option when starting sshd. I haven't found the exact culprit so far, but the above flag will help.

Thanks for the report.  It's embarassing that I didn't find the error
myself since I had accidentally switched off privilege separation a few
days ago :-(

I did not experience this problem when I upgraded and I thought that I had privilege separation enabled. Is there any easy way to tell if it is on or not?

--
David Rothenberger                spammer? -> spam@daveroth.dyndns.org
GPG/PGP: 0x7F67E734, C233 365A 25EF 2C5F C8E1 43DF B44F BA26 7F67 E734