Re: igawk problem

Hi Igor,

thanks for all your insightful advice.

However, none of your suggestions work ootb.

This one doesn't do anything:

> tmpname=`mktemp`
> gawk -- "$expand_prog" /dev/stdin <<EOF >$tmpname
> $program
> EOF
> eval gawk $opts -- -f $tmpname '"$@"' \
>  && rm -f $tmpname

If I understand the gawk man page right, -- is used to indicate the end of
the gawk arg list.
So the order of the args must be changed to

gawk $opts -f $tmpname -- '"$@"' && rm -f $tmpname

This happens to work - even under aix!

The next one gives "xargs: argument line too long" :

> gawk -- "$expand_prog" /dev/stdin <<EOF | eval xargs -0i gawk $opts
> -- {} '"$@"' $program
> EOF

You suggested in one of your earlier replies to submit this as a fix
upstream. How does one do that?
Would you mind doing it instead? After all, you were really the one that
came up with a solution.

greets,
H.