RE: Can I install Cygwin if I have a C: drive but run Windows from H:\WINDOWS\?

  Totally off-the-wall WAG: did it get installed to one drive, then
half-uninstalled by deleting the dir (but neglecting to remove the
mountpoint data in the registry), and then perhaps reinstalled to a now
non-default location which got confused by the unrelated mountpoint info?
It's always a possibility.....

    cheers,
      DaveK