From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of
V.xxxxx@soton.ac.uk
Sent: Wednesday, 18 August 2004 11:49
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: cygwin-perl: matching behaves weird

Now, this may be old news for many of you, but I'm new to cygwin, so please
don't shoot. I'd be happy if someone would post me a link to the solution.

I'm doing quite strightforward matching using regular expressions in perl
(as
you can see below) and the code used to work just fine on the ActiveState
perl,
but behaves very strange with cygwin Perl:

-------------
unless ($page =~ /<a href="\#"
onClick="window\.open\('(popBibTex.cfm\?.+?)',/s)

It simply does not match. I tried playing around, cuting certain suspicios
parts, and here is what I found out:

unless ($page =~ /on\Click="window\.open\('(popBibTex.cfm\?.+?)',/s)

this does match. (notice the \ before C)

What's up? (::confused;)

I'm runing Win_XP_Pro/SP2, just installed Cygwin (and all
tools/packages/modules that were available through the web install utility).