Re: Question about moving cygwin to another dirve

At 11:48 PM 8/16/2004, you wrote:

>On Aug 16, 2004, at 9:43 PM, Yihu Li wrote:
>
>>Dear all,
>>
>>My c drive does not have enough space, so I just copyed the whole folder of cygwin to another drive and expect to run it there. It worked but the problem is that the default folder is still under c:/cygwin, not the new one g:/cygwin. Anyone knows how to map it to the new drive?
>
>Change the mount information in the registry

Sure.  But that way is unsupported by this list.  Why not just use 'mount'?
It works without needing to hack the registry and will always manipulate
mount points correctly, even when mount points are no longer stored in the
registry.

Holliston, MA 01746