Re: Problem after upgrade to gcc-3.3.3

Hello Dave,

>   And indeed it seems that we aren't the first to discover this.

> http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/pipermail/gm2/2004-June.txt

I tried to integrate Modula2 with the Cygwin GCC, but I saw no
problems with the .def files and missed also that gm2l was not
installed.

>   I don't build dlls often, and even less so with gnu tools.  What
> is the meaning of passing a .def file to the compiler?  Since
> there's nothing in there to compile, but plenty of symbol names, I
> wonder, is this just to get the same .def filename passed through to
> the linker command-line? Try prefixing it with "-Wl," if that's the
> case.

In case of libglade it works to link the DLL if I use the prefix -Wl,.
Since the link commands are libtool generated in case of libglade, it
is a libtool problem/bug to not use the correct prefix when there is a
.def file on the link command line (iff it is correct to pass it to
the linker).

Gerrit
--
=^..^=