gtk2-x11: Functions whose name started with '_'

--- Begin Message ---
Hi, all friends

When compiling gnome-commander-1.1.6 on Cygwin,  I found that it used
function _gtk_clist_create_cell_layout.

It was said in gtk+'s README that symbols starting with an '_' are
private symbols, not intended to be used by applications. Thus
option '-export-symbols-regex "^[^_].*"' is used to build libgtk-2.0-0.
(Win32 use a .def file to declare explicitly which symbols needs to be
exported, but no `_foo' included)

But I noticed that RedHat, Ximian and Debian all disabled this option,
and functions whose name starting with an `_' indeed used by some
application, such as this gnome-commander, and d4x, etc.

Question: shall we rebuild gtk to make these symbols exposed?

Hansom