Re: Cannot find C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat

At 01:52 PM 8/12/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>This is what I did:
>1) Downloaded setup.exe from cygwin.com
>2) Ran setup, and hit next (for default installation). And stored
>   downloaded files onto c:\download.
>3) Ran setup again, and asked it to install from local directory.
>4) Installation got done, it asked me if I wanted a short cut on the
>desktop, and I said yes.
>5) I tried running cygwin using the short cut, and I get an alert saying:
>"Cannot find c:\cygwin\cygwin.bat (or one of its components)".
>
>The setup.exe version i s 2.427.
>
>The operating system is Windows 2000.

OK.  Without the output of 'cygcheck -s -r -v', which is one of the things
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html> requests, there's not allot of data to
go on here.  Dave's right.  You'll need to do a little local debugging.
Sounds like you downloaded, installed, and are running as the same user,
so there's not an obvious mismatch there.  You need to check if
'c:\cygwin\cygwin.bat' exists and has the right permissions like Dave
suggests.  That's the best advice I can give with the information I have.

Any reason you didn't just "Install from Internet"?

Holliston, MA 01746