Re: Run complex chain of windows batch files in cyg-FINAL

geneSmith wrote, On 8/12/2004 10:10 AM:

Nicolas Roche wrote, On 8/12/2004 6:46 AM:

did you launch the Windows Shell (using cmd) in your term before starting your build process ?

Nico

I tried that but it didn't seem to work. Turns out it is a two step process. You first have to run "cmd" as you say. Then you run a dos bat file to set up the env which seems to complete but unless you type "exit" it does not take effect. After typing exit you can run the nmake (still in windows cmd mode) which runs as if it were in a regular command window (dos box). After the nmake finishes, you can type exit again which returns you to bash mode in the rxvt box.

Thanks for the help!

The first "exit" was operator error. I had put the "cmd" into the env setting bat and had not taken it out. When I took it out all okay (no extra exit needed to continue to the nmake step).

--
Lit up like Levy's