Run complex chain of windows batch files in cyg

I have a complex chain of windows batch and make files used to build a embedded system with vxWorks tools. It was designed to run under windows commands with cygwin *not* in mind. I prefer to work in the cygwin command line using rxvt terms. However, when I run this complex chain in cygwin, which does a lot of environment setting and path mods, it does not work (don't see env changes, etc). Is there a way to do this type of thing without having to go through the hundreds of files and make them look more unix/bash like (e.g., get rid of dos "set", change directions of slashes, changed %SYMBOL% to $SYMBOL, etc).

-gene
--
Lit up like Levy's