Re: Mounted text mode but acting binary

--- Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com> wrote:

> At 03:33 PM 8/9/2004, you wrote:
> >I have a directory mounted text mode.  In that directory, I'm running a grep
> >looking for trailing spaces and/or tabs.  It's not finding any in a file
> that I know has them...
>
> WFM with same O/S (though SP3) and Cygwin versions all around.  Are you
> quite certain you're not getting the Borland one somehow?

Yes, as I mentioned in the original message.  Both which and "grep --help" show
that grep is Cygwin's (I didn't even know there was one in Borland's directory;
I've never used it).

Jacek's message hit the nail on the head.  I downloaded the most recent
snapshot, and it works.  So it was a Cygwin bug (although Pierre's message
seems to indicate it didn't manifest itself in 1.5.9, that's where I saw it
originally; I only dl'd 1.5.10 to eliminate 1.5.9 as the problem).

Jacek, thanks very much.  I would reply to your message directly, but I'm not
subscribed to the list and I don't know how to do that (I only was able to
reply to Larry because he cc'd me).

Vince