Re: how can I set $REMOTEHOST ( so I can set $DISPLAY with sshd w\X11 forwarding)

I'm not 100 % sure what you are saying.
Are you trying to say that the cygwin sshd does not respect the -X and -Y flags
passed to the local ssh process?
And that for the above named reason you are forced to manually set the DISPLAY variable?

regards,
ken

peter waltman wrote:

hi -

trying to figure out how to set $REMOTEHOST when I ssh into a machine running
cygwin's imp. of sshd.  X11 forwarding works great when I set the $DISPLAY
properly, but I'd like to have it done in the .bashrc file (by checking if the
$REMOTEHOST var is set).

I've tried looking through the startup scripts on both my cygwin install and a
rh9 box, but can't find where it gets set.  can anyone point me in the right
direction?