RE: My info command has stopped working some time

On Friday, August 06, 2004 5:59 PM, zzapper wrote

> On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 21:02:01 +0100,  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can do
>>
>>> info --help
>>
>> but typing
>>
>>> info
>> or
>>> info
>> brings
>>
>> info: dir: No such file or directory
>>
>> Havn't needed info for a while so don't know when it broke
>>
>> zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
>
> info -f /usr/info/grep
>
> But if I set INFOPATH to /usr/info/ that doesn't help
>
> info grep
> zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)

Info works fine for me.
Typing in
$ info
gives me this:
File: dir,      Node: Top       This is the top of the INFO tree

  This (the Directory node) gives a menu of major topics.
  Typing "q" exits, "?" lists all Info commands, "d" returns here,
  "h" gives a primer for first-timers,
  "mEmacs<Return>" visits the Emacs manual, etc.

  In Emacs, you can click mouse button 2 on a menu item or cross
reference
  to select it.

* Menu:

Miscellaneous
* File utilities: (fileutils).  GNU file utilities.
* chgrp: (fileutils)chgrp invocation.           Change file groups.
* chmod: (fileutils)chmod invocation.           Change file permissions.
* chown: (fileutils)chown invocation.           Change file
owners/groups.
* cp: (fileutils)cp invocation.                 Copy files.
* dd: (fileutils)dd invocation.                 Copy and convert a file.
* df: (fileutils)df invocation.                 Report filesystem disk
usage.
* dir: (fileutils)dir invocation.               List directories
briefly.
* dircolors: (fileutils)dircolors invocation.   Color setup for ls.
* du: (fileutils)du invocation.                 Report on disk usage.
* install: (fileutils)install invocation.       Copy and change
attributes.
* ln: (fileutils)ln invocation.                 Make links between
files.
* ls: (fileutils)ls invocation.                 List directory contents.
* mkdir: (fileutils)mkdir invocation.           Create directories.
* mkfifo: (fileutils)mkfifo invocation.         Create FIFOs (named
pipes).
* mknod: (fileutils)mknod invocation.           Create special files.
* mv: (fileutils)mv invocation.                 Rename files.
* rm: (fileutils)rm invocation.                 Remove files.
* rmdir: (fileutils)rmdir invocation.           Remove empty
directories.
* shred: (fileutils)shred invocation.           Remove files more
securely.
* sync: (fileutils)sync invocation.             Synchronize memory and
disk.
* touch: (fileutils)touch invocation.           Change file timestamps.
* vdir: (fileutils)vdir invocation.             List directories
verbosely.

-----Info: (dir)Top, 36 lines
--All-------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------
Welcome to Info version 4.2. Type C-h for help, m for menu item.

Do you have the pinfo program installed?

If so, what does it do when you try to run it?

If not, you can install it with the setup.exe program and see if it
works but info still doesn't.

-Jason

PS - I apologize in advance for the legal disclaimer at the bottom of my
email message.  This is tacked on by our SMTP gateway and I have no
control over it.

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery
of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.