Re: Anyone having problem with 'man' permissions?

Dave Korn wrote:
Your $PATH is a bit messy. What's in that emacs bin directory? What
about the QNX bin dir?

EMACS bin just has the stuff from the win32 port of EMACS; the QNX bin dir is a partial (and rather old, unfortunately) cygwin from our Momentics development tools suite.

I have the same problem at home without QNX's stuff installed.

  I'm wondering if there's various versions of the gnu tools on your system
and they're clashing.  What happens when you try 'which troff groff man'?

CHerborth@qnxws7083 [501]: which troff groff man /usr/bin/troff /usr/bin/groff /usr/bin/man

CHerborth@qnxws7083 [508]: cygcheck -c troff groff man
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
groff                1.18.1-2       OK
man                  1.5k-3         OK

--
Chris Herborth (cherborth@qnx.com)
Never send a monster to do the work of an evil scientist.