Re: Redirect stdout from SSH

I am confused as to what you are trying to do.

I had no problem redirecting both std out and std err with ssh.  I used
this:
$ ssh -v uswgw1 > ~/ssh_outfile.txt 2>&1

Obviously, the problem is that you never get your prompt back after
issuing that cmd.  If you provide more insight into what your trying I
might could me of more help.

---
Erik Weibust
http://erik.weibust.net

--- "David E. Meier" <dev@eth0.ch> wrote:

> I got it working when standard input is also set to be redirected.
> Does
> anyone have an explanation of this?
>
> Dave
>
> > At 01:03 PM 8/3/2004, you wrote:
> >>Hello list,
> >>
> >>I am writing a program in C# that calls some cygwin programs and
> >> redirects
> >>the standard output and error to a textbox. This works excellent
> with
> >>calls like "ls -al" or rsync.
> >>
> >>However, I cannot read the output generated by SSH. When I issue a
> >> command
> >>like "ssh user@host ls -al" I can observe some network action but
> the
> >>application stalls, uses 100% CPU and never spits out something.
> The same
> >>command in the cygwin shell executes with the result expected.
> Since I
> >> use
> >>public key authentication SSH is not waiting for any login
> information.
> >>
> >>Is this a configuration issue of SSH? Thanks for any help. Dave.
> >

> > Not AFAICS.  A small C program that invokes Cygwin's 'ssh' via
> 'system()'
> > with 'ls -al' works fine for me.  Does that work for you?
> >

> > --
> > Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
> > RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
> > 838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9889 - FAX
> > Holliston, MA 01746
> >

> --

=====
Erik Weibust