Re: Need help using cygwin and ssh

Philipp,

Please address all Cygwin-related mail to the appropriate Cygwin mailing
list unless private mail was specifically requested.  That way you get
access to more expertise than any one person can provide, and your
questions and answers to them are archived on the web, so that others can
search for them.

For your convenience, I've redirected this reply to the main Cygwin list,
and set the Reply-To header accordingly.  More below.

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Philipp Spritzey wrote:

> Hello Igor!
>
> I read http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-04/msg01078.html
> do figure out how to resolve the same problem.
> WARNING: terminal is not fully functional
> /etc/passwd  (press RETURN)
>
> domingo% echo $TERM RETURN)
> cygwin
> domingo%
>
> but i don't understand how do make #3 work
> could you pleas explain it to me?

Does this mean that solutions #1 and #2 aren't acceptable for you?

Basically, copying the file "cygwin" from /usr/share/terminfo/c on your
Windows/Cygwin machine to the same location on your Linux machine should
cover most of the modern apps.  For the older apps, you need to edit
/etc/termcap on your Cygwin machine, copy the two lines starting with
"cygwin:\", and paste them into the same location in /etc/termcap on your
Linux machine.

FWIW, I'm sure there's also a way to do this via some tools (e.g., tic or
tack), but someone else will have to describe it.

HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw