Re: WinXP service problem

Ok. I think I figured out the problem. But I still do not have a solution for it. Here's what I think the problem is:
When the script is run as a windows service, the user that's calling the script is SYSTEM. Inside the script is a call to ssh client with the required parameters. I pass it the absolute path of the id_rsa file. The issue seems to be that user SYSTEM is not the owner of id_rsa file so it is being asked for a passphrase. On the contrary, if I add the batch script to startup programs, then no passphrase is asked and I am logged in right away. The problem here is that the command prompt window stays on the screen. This is something I wanted to avoid to begin with.

I haven't gotten around to start the server in debug mode since I haven't found a suitable time to bring down the ssh server.

Thanks
Rachan