emacs troubles with non-cygwin emacs NT port...

Howdy!

I'm using cygwin, and also emacs nt, the nt port of emacs.

Currently, Gnus is working for me in cygwin emacs (opened in a bash
shell) but isn't working for me in emacs nt, with the same .gnus file.

The symptom is that in emacs nt, gnus says it's checking mail, but
does nothing.

Anyone else out there trying to do this?

Thanks!

Ed