Re: cygwin1.dll problem with Hyperthreaded machines (reprise)

Christopher Faylor wrote:
>For the record I have never doubted that people were reporting real
>problems.  I doubt that Corinna has either.
>
>No more "me toos" are required here.  So, as Larry implied, either
>debugging of the problem or the donation of a system is necessary.

FYI, the win98 testcase that I reported (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-07/msg01120.html) locks up in the same way (as the testcase in this thread) on my hyperthreaded machine at work (P4, XPPro), but runs fine fine with HT disabled in BIOS. Maybe seeing what the two scripts do in common may help narrow down the cause.

Also, on my win98 box, the testcase in http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-07/msg01088.html fails silently (returns to command prompt with no errors) after 20k-50k iterations. (my 98 box is a single cpu PIII btw).

Regards, Errol

(sorry if this appears twice, I never saw the first one on the list or archives)