Re: Problem starting sshd as a service

Hi!

Am Donnerstag, 5. August 2004 10:59 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> Have a look into the script, right at the end.  chown is only called
> if sshd has been installed as service.  Otherwise the script assumes
> that sshd is going to be run from some user account in a console
> window.  In that case, chown'ing to system wouldn't make much sense.
>
> Perhaps that's the problem.  People running the script and decide not
> to install sshd as service, but change their mind at some later point.

Well, for me it didn't work. Here's exactly what I do after a fresh Cygwin
installation to get it running:

- setup ssh:
	- set environment variable CYGWIN to "ntsec tty" (Control Panel/
	System/Advanced/Environmental Variables)
	- call "ssh-host-config -y" in a cygwin window --> creates a user "sshd"
	- chown SYSTEM /etc/ssh_host_* /var/empty
	- net start sshd
	- try to login with "ssh localhost"

So for me it seems as sshd is installed as service but this last check somehow
fails.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Gernot Hillier